Tuesday, 5 January 2010

New year resolution

January is the perfect time to think about what we would like the year to be, what we would like to improve or change in our life.  One of my resolution: be more ladylike, whatever the circumstances are. For instance, my granny says that "A lady never swears", one of my bad habits that has sadly been increasing for the past few years. And since I am scared of becoming like Scarlett O'Hara, who always pushes away the moment when she will start acting like a lady, I decided that this year will be in part dedicated to being ladylike. But being so doesn't mean, in my opinion, being a feeble, silly woman: it is a gracefulness imprinting both acts and thoughts without keeping the woman from being strong and independent.


So in case of doubt, I will take a moment and wonder:

What would Elizabeth Bennet do?



No comments:

Post a Comment