Tuesday, 23 February 2010

How Death can Become Lovely

I already told you about my love of cabinets of curiosities. This one surpasses from far I those I have ever seen: it is Bonnier de la Mosson's cabinet of curiosities, a gorgeous oddity that can be found in the library at the Museum of Natural History of Paris. Framed by delicate cream and white embellishments, the harmoniously displayed specimens seem to be caught in the middle of delightful conversations- not in death.

 

  

  

 

Thanks to Morbid Anatomy for this discovery: for more information about this great collection, I invite you to visit them. Just be aware that some entries of this blog can be disturbing (the link above brings you directly to the article about this specific cabinet of curiosities, but you can find the general blog here).

No comments:

Post a Comment