Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Tuesday's Six Self-portraits

I admit it, I am extremely picky.  So when someone comes to me saying "you should look at this artist's work, I am sure you will love it" , I am always very doubtful. But some days ago, Stephanie Chalut graciously gave me a list of artists she thought might interest me, and to my great astonishment, she was right. I must warmly thank her!


One of these painters is Jared Joslin, who created many interesting self-portraits. Disturbing gazes, cold expressions, studied hand positions and a lot of tension make these pieces stand out.

 
Jared Joslin, Circus Self-Portrait, acrylic on canvas, 34 x 26, 2007

 
Jared Joslin, Juggler, acrylic on canvas, 72 x 26, 2007

Jared Joslin, Knife Thrower, acrylic on canvas, 44 x 34, 2006

 
Jared Joslin, Strongman, acrylic on canvas, 40 x 30, 2008

 
Jared Joslin, Shore Leave, acrylic on canvas, 38 x 28, 2006

Jared Joslin, Self-Portrait with Balck Bird (for Otto), acrylic on linen, 30 x 30, 2007

No comments:

Post a Comment