Tuesday, 2 March 2010

Haunted

Have you ever read a book, watch a movie, heard a song or seen an art piece only to be haunted by its ghost for days afterwards?  When it happens, and it happens for me to rarely, I feel that I have been overwhelmed by something so strong that my soul needs time to reajust.  Have that ever happened to you?

Last week, I read "Virgin Suicides" by Jeffrey Eugenides in three days. Since then, five girls and a few enamoured teenagers are constantly appearing in my mind. In the middle of a conversation, in my dreams, while I am working, they are asking for my attention, and my thoughts are invaded by their translucent presence. Their pain, their questions, their experiences are disturbing me...

I still have not seen the movie by Sophia Coppola, but I can not wait to lay my hands on it...


 

1 comment:

  1. You *must* see the movie! In my opinion, it is as haunting as the book is! Sofia Coppola did an amazing job at adaptating the story. In fact, I can't really decide which I like better, the novel or the film.

    ReplyDelete