Friday, 26 March 2010

Peaceful

Well, what I had foreseen as the worst week of my trimester as been heavy but successful: all I had to do is done and, I think, well done. I am now preparing for a very relaxing week-end starting... right now. 

I leave you with one of my favourite paintings, a well-known classic that induced a fascination lasting ever since I saw it in Florence some years ago. Created by Sandro Botticelli, Primavera can be found at the Galleria degli Uffizi .

I love the contrast between the nature's darkness and the pale skins, the bending trees punctuated by vibrant fruits and the sky surrounding Venus, who looks like a peaceful Virgin...





Sandro Botticelli, Primavera, Tempera and oil on wood panel, 
203 x 314 cm, 1477-1478.

Have a great week-end!

No comments:

Post a Comment